From News 8 Austin, September 9, 2008...
"I just bought a house with an oversized lot in Austin city limits. I'm thinking about buying chickens, or possibly even a goat or mini-cow. Can I keep livestock on my property in the city?"
Yes, but only if you can comply with relevant city ordinances. In the spirit of keeping Austin weird, more residents are entertaining the idea of adding animals to Austin's urban paradise that are typically associated with rural settings.
Raising chickens, for example, has grown in popularity over the past few years, fueled in part by the 'eat local' movement seen in urban areas all over the country. Before you rush off and buy your first goat or cow, you should get very familiar with relevant Austin city ordinances, especially Chapters 3-1 and 3-2, which provide the basic framework for maintaining livestock in Austin.
Read more...
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment